Schools and higher education institutions
This section contains specific guidance for schools and Higher Education Institutions
- Charities and charity trustees - an introduction for school governors who are also trustees of mainstream schools, voluntary aided schools and academies.
- Academy Schools - model frameworks we have agreed with DfE ( Department for Education) for the establishment of Academy Schools (referred to as Academy Trusts) as registered charities
- The Extended Schools Initiative and the provision of pre-school childcare - clarifies the circumstances in which those responsible for a school can provide pre-school facilities and what happens when an existing charitable pre-school association already operates at the school
- Research by Higher Education Institutions - explains when undertaking research will be in furtherance of a main charitable aim
- Registration of Welsh Universities - this guidance has been produced to help trustees of those Higher Education Institutions which are required to register with the Charity Commission.